Adjusting Minute Handlf the chimes of your clock strike either before or after the correct time, such as 1:43 instead of 1:45, the minute hand which is the longer hand of the two, must be removed and adjusted.
- Remove the small nut which holds the hand shaft.
- Remove the minute hand by grasping the base of the hand and pulling towards you.
- The minute hand has a bushing either on the face or back side of the hands, which fits into the center shaft. Use a pair of pliers to rotate the bushing clockwise or counterclockwise. Turn the bushing the necessary distance (see figure below) to properly align the hand with the correct quarter hour.
- Reattach the hand to the center shaft and replace the hand nut.
- Reset the time.
- Make additional corrections if necessary.