Dorrin K Mace, Horologost

Dorrin K Mace, Horologost
The Clock Man in a pensive moment

Friday, March 7, 2014

My Grandfather's Clock

Many customers will enter the shop and want to talk about their grandfather, grandmother, or granddaughter clocks.  The correct name for any of these clocks is tall case or long case.  Americans refer to them as grandfather clocks after the term was made popular in 1876 from a song that had such a large following the term "Grandfather Clock" was accepted into modern language.  This is a recording of that 1876 song:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.